Widget HTML Atas

Rose Buttercream Cake Tutorial Yesteryear Coco Cake Land

Guest shipping service past times Lyndsay Sung of Coco Cake Land


How lovely is a rosette buttercream covered cake? I've ever loved the expect of buttercream cakes - they bring such a sweetness together with vintage experience most them. I wanted to seek making a rosette covered cake, like to the one I Am Baker helped catapult into cakey network fame!



I've been actually into mixing buttercream colours together lately together with I idea a two-tone rosette would hold out a pretty twist on this cake. It's actually quite slowly to make the rosette 1 time y'all larn the hang of using the piping bag, together with if y'all muck up, y'all tin take the rosette together with polish the expanse amongst your offset spatula together with pipage correct on elevation of it! No problemo!


Okay! Ready to build a beautiful swirly girly 2 musical note rosette covered buttercream cake?




1. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 baked together with cooled layer cake of your alternative - I made a 3 layer vii inch circular vanilla cake, tinted lightly amongst pinkish nutrient colour. My awesome cake pal Rosie has enough of amazing recipes here, or y'all tin larn far from a box, too! 
2. Four cups of vanilla buttercream. This one volition create rattling well. 
3. Gel nutrient colouring inward pinkish together with purple. 
4. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 piping pocketbook fitted amongst a modest opened upward star tip. I used Wilton build tip #22. 
5. An offset spatula to frost your cake amongst a crumb coat. Not certain how to frost a cake? Check out Tessa's awesome tutorial here.


Make your buttercream according to your recipe's instructions. Divide into 2 bowls together with tint 1 bowl amongst the regal together with 1 bowl amongst the pink. I used exactly a dab of gel coloring (it's potent!) to make these colours.


Next, frost together with create sum your layer cake until y'all larn to the crumb coat stage.


Fit your piping pocketbook amongst your piping tip using a coupler together with a ring.

Like so!


Now, create sum 1 vertical one-half of the piping pocketbook amongst the regal buttercream. I purpose a yogurt container to assist amongst this stride - but opened upward piping pocketbook together with delineate the sides over the container to assist amongst filling amongst buttercream.


Fill the minute vertical one-half amongst pinkish buttercream. Yes... I know it's non fifty-fifty steven here! That's ok!


Now, crush out the pocketbook thus the colours run together. Then, pipage away to a greater extent than or less designs to larn a experience for using it. I exactly practice-pipe on a manifestly plate or slice of parchment paper.


Time to motility to your cake! Start at the bottom of the cake together with operate your agency up. To create this rosette, y'all desire to get-go piping the rosette inward the middle together with pipage outward counter-clockwise. I piped 3 rotations to larn this detail look. The telephone commutation is to cash inward one's chips on the buttercream flowing - don't terminal piping until the entire rosette is done.


Keep on keepin' on! Pipe the whole outside of the cake, together with thus pipage the elevation too!


I honey to complete my cakes amongst a unmarried fresh berry. I also made this ridiculously cute cake flag using my prized "Hello" postage from the talented Bambs over at Think & Ink Studio.


What's that y'all say? Cut y'all a larger piece, please?


And I'll bring a side of raspberries amongst mine!



Anyone bring whatever fun memories of birthday cakes equally children? I bring fond memories of my mom breaking out the bunny cake pan together with coming upward amongst a white shredded kokosnoot covered bunny amongst dark licorice whiskers together with jujube eyes!

Hope y'all enjoyed this buttercreamy fun tutorial - run across y'all 1 time to a greater extent than soon!

xo Lyndsay