Getting Rugelached! The Creamcheese Cookie
Contributor postal service yesteryear Lyndsay of Coco Cake

I'm thrilled to innovate you lot today to our newest contributor to ! Lyndsay Sung of Coco Cake! She's an amazing baker, cupcake as well as H2O ice cream maker! She's based hither inward Vancouver as well as she's every bit sugariness every bit her treats You tin read to a greater extent than well-nigh her here as well as watch her online here!
For this year's Rosh Hashana dinner at my friend Shira's house, I whipped upward some delightful rugelach to pick out to the party! When I tell whipped up, I actually hateful it... I was inward a mega rush all day, 1 of those days where you lot create got everything slotted inward fourth dimension increments as well as if you lot mess up... dingdong. You're belatedly for your dentist appointment.
This lilliputian practise inward rushed rugelach made me realize that rugelach is the cookie of the people - it's non difficult to make, as well as the results are so delicious! So I idea I'd portion it alongside you lot if you lot postulate a final infinitesimal Canadian Thanksgiving sugariness to create got somewhere or add together to your desert table!
Rugelach is actually a snap to make, as well as rather fun likewise - you lot larn to coil out that rich, creamcheese as well as butter-laden dough into a large circle, as well as throw on your toppings! Treat it similar you lot would a pizza! Kids would live super into this, I think. (I am a flake of a kid, I admit.) Then you lot role a pizza roller as well as zip along the rolled out dough circle to brand triangle wedges. Next, starting from the outisde, each triangle so gets rolled upward similar a lilliputian sausage roll, a precious parcel of jam, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, currants as well as chocolate chips. Those lilliputian bundles larn set out on parchment newspaper on baking sheets, a quick slather of egg launder on each 1 to order it that golden baked look, as well as into the oven it goes!
I followed my (imaginary) friend Martha's classic rugelach recipe, but instead of the apricot jelly I used raspberry jam, as well as instead of mini chocolate chips I used regular sized (which are withal pretty mini inward comparing to other things!)
Into the oven the rugelach went, for 25 minutes on 325 degrees, alongside the pans turned a few times to ensure fifty-fifty baking. And how evil was it that when the dinger went off as well as the rugelach came out, I gear upward them to cool as well as blasted out the door to caput to the dentist without me fifty-fifty getting to seek one!
Later the rugelach got piled upward onto a vintage silverish platter, jazzed upward alongside some raspberries as well as mint for colour, as well as carried within to my friend Shira's house to bring together inward a warm, cozy, candlelit, fun as well as delicious repast alongside friends, inward celebration of the Jewish novel year!
Shana Tova (and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving), everyone!
xo Lyndsay
After making the dough, split into iii balls, flatten them into discs as well as twine inward plastic wrap. The discs are so chilled for a minimum of 1 hour, or overnight.

Rollllll upward your lilliputian triangle wedges, starting from the exterior going inward - lookit those cute lilliputian bundles! Brush each parcel alongside egg launder for a golden-baked finish.
Bake on parchment newspaper lined baking sheets at 325 degrees for 25 minutes, turning sheets halfway through baking fourth dimension for fifty-fifty baking.
Even better, plate it upward on a vintage silverish platter as well as pick out it to a loved one's abode for dessert...
I'm thrilled to innovate you lot today to our newest contributor to ! Lyndsay Sung of Coco Cake! She's an amazing baker, cupcake as well as H2O ice cream maker! She's based hither inward Vancouver as well as she's every bit sugariness every bit her treats You tin read to a greater extent than well-nigh her here as well as watch her online here!
Hi everyone! My cite is Lyndsay as well as I am a self-taught bakery as well as subsequent enthusiastic blogger. I beloved makin' foods as well as bakin' goods, as well as I volition live sharing enough of stories, recipes as well as foodstuffs hither on 1 of my favourite blogs, ! Looking frontward to coming together you lot all on the data superhighway! My other run tin live constitute here: my cake blog: Coco Cake, my H2O ice cream blog: Ice Cream yesteryear Coco Cake as well as my nutrient oddities as well as delights blog: Trompe Chomp!
For this year's Rosh Hashana dinner at my friend Shira's house, I whipped upward some delightful rugelach to pick out to the party! When I tell whipped up, I actually hateful it... I was inward a mega rush all day, 1 of those days where you lot create got everything slotted inward fourth dimension increments as well as if you lot mess up... dingdong. You're belatedly for your dentist appointment.
This lilliputian practise inward rushed rugelach made me realize that rugelach is the cookie of the people - it's non difficult to make, as well as the results are so delicious! So I idea I'd portion it alongside you lot if you lot postulate a final infinitesimal Canadian Thanksgiving sugariness to create got somewhere or add together to your desert table!
Rugelach is actually a snap to make, as well as rather fun likewise - you lot larn to coil out that rich, creamcheese as well as butter-laden dough into a large circle, as well as throw on your toppings! Treat it similar you lot would a pizza! Kids would live super into this, I think. (I am a flake of a kid, I admit.) Then you lot role a pizza roller as well as zip along the rolled out dough circle to brand triangle wedges. Next, starting from the outisde, each triangle so gets rolled upward similar a lilliputian sausage roll, a precious parcel of jam, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, currants as well as chocolate chips. Those lilliputian bundles larn set out on parchment newspaper on baking sheets, a quick slather of egg launder on each 1 to order it that golden baked look, as well as into the oven it goes!
I followed my (imaginary) friend Martha's classic rugelach recipe, but instead of the apricot jelly I used raspberry jam, as well as instead of mini chocolate chips I used regular sized (which are withal pretty mini inward comparing to other things!)
Into the oven the rugelach went, for 25 minutes on 325 degrees, alongside the pans turned a few times to ensure fifty-fifty baking. And how evil was it that when the dinger went off as well as the rugelach came out, I gear upward them to cool as well as blasted out the door to caput to the dentist without me fifty-fifty getting to seek one!
Later the rugelach got piled upward onto a vintage silverish platter, jazzed upward alongside some raspberries as well as mint for colour, as well as carried within to my friend Shira's house to bring together inward a warm, cozy, candlelit, fun as well as delicious repast alongside friends, inward celebration of the Jewish novel year!
Shana Tova (and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving), everyone!
xo Lyndsay
Remove dough discs from the fridge, dust a nonstick surface alongside a flake of flour, so coil out the mutual frigidness discs into a large circle (like a pizza!) Brush the summit alongside your jam or jelly, so sprinkle inward your toppings - soil walnut/sugar/cinnamon mixture, chocolate chips, currants - as well as lightly press into the dough. Using a sudden knife or pizza cutter, cutting into wedges!